Sunday, March 4, 2012

recent artwork







Started a new art journal recently.  These are a few of the pages.
The landscape painting is from when I went to horse shoe lake last week.  It was nice to sit down at the park and just enjoy the trees and the tangled web that they create.  I surprised myself when I started to explain the painting to a friend and I said that the trees remind me of my problems... all the branches get tangled together and it can be pretty overwhelming.

But then I read about stuff going on in other parts of the world and I think about how lucky I am to suffer the way that I do.  Things could be worse.  They always can be.  I always try to remember everything that I have to be thankful for, I think if I ever actually set out to make a list of everything I would never be able to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment