Monday, October 24, 2011

Day two and three


 The beautiful palm tree is in a courtyard right next to the girls' dorm room.











This comfortable sleeping/reading apparatus is located right next to that palm tree.



























 On Saturday the whole group decided to go to the beach.  On the way there it was raining and this made mike cry a lot.











Fortunately, the rain stopped and we spent the day at the beach.































Aaron and Kevin burying Ed












 Yesterday we went to a swimming hole with Danni and Josselyn. 

It is basically a waterfall.  There is a small opening in the rocks leading to another water hole.  We climbed up into the opening to get there.  I don't think I ever would have attempted to do something like that on my own.  Everyone here is really nice and adventurous. 
At the end of the day we all gathered for dinner and Danni had baked me Monkey Bread for my birthday!  She brought it out and everyone sang happy birthday to me.  It was so amazingly sweet.  Then we had rum drinks and I danced with Josselyn and Seth while Mike debated about government issues with Kevin and Rachel. 

Today they are all out working in the field so I am hanging close to the station reading in the hammock and eating leftovers.
There is still so much to see and do.  I'll post more as it all happens.

1 comment:

  1. Carolyn,

    So, I put my most recent comment on the oldest blog entry! Sorry! This gist was, I hope you and Mike are having a wonderful time. Be careful of the maneating tree ants in the lush foliage. And I love your artwork!!!!

    ReplyDelete