Thursday, October 27, 2011

Last Day in El Yunque

 This lay out of food is after everyone ate their fill.  Every night a group of two workers will prepare food for everyone else.  All the food has been delicious.  Everyone here is really great about making sure the vegans get fed :).
 They have this game here called BananaGrams and it is almost like Scrabble except you don't need a board.  It is a lot of fun and this guy Mark in the white shirt kicks everyone's ass at this game every single time he plays.  I was very impressed.
 Everyone playing BananaGrams
Every night everyone gathers to eat... again, I caught everyone at the end of the meal.  But imagine this whole table full of people making eating sounds and having conversations about their adventures collecting data out in the jungle.  This group of people is also particularly nice and wonderful so it has been a pleasure to make everyone's acquaintance.  I am sad to leave them but really excited to have Mike all to myself.

We leave for Luquillo Beach today and we will be renting a car as well.  I am hoping that we get to see the Old part of San Juan and take a day trip visiting small towns and beaches along the coast.  There is also a mangrove swamp that everyone recommends we go and see.

you might not here from me for a couple days because I am not sure if we will have a computer where we are staying but I will do my best to update the blog with pictures and stories from my blackberry.

Until then, Buenos Dias!

No comments:

Post a Comment